I love when a song randomly finds it way to my consciousness; flooding onto a piece of paper. That’s exactly what happened last week during my lunch break.
While practicing the other night, I started working on the chords and melody, but kept getting stuck at the chorus. Tonight, I went outside, wanting to make some progress (I’ve found it very inspiring outside)! Plucking away, everything started falling into place. I changed a number of the lines, but regardless, it’s so fun to see the transformation of a song from beginning to the end. While I’m sure there are still more edits to come, I’m happy that I’m at least a little closer to the finished product.
And yes, I used that flashlight to practice! 😜